As the leaves change colors and the air turns crisp, it’s the perfect time to pamper your furry friends with these delicious morsels. These treats are not only packed with wholesome ingredients but are also infused with the warm and comforting flavor of peanut butter, making them an irresistible snack for pets of all shapes and sizes. So, gather your ingredients and let’s embark on a culinary adventure that will have your pets purring with delight all season long!
Homemade Pet Treats (Peanut Butter and Pumpkin)
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon water, or more if necessary (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl; stir with a spatula until combined.
- Transfer mixture to a work surface and work it with your hands until mixture starts to come together. Add 1 teaspoon water at a time (only if needed) to help make the dough workable, but don’t add too much as it should be dry and stiff.
- Roll the dough to a thickness of 1/2 inch.
- Cut into 1/2-inch pieces and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until dog treats are golden brown and crunchy, about 40 minutes. Let cool before serving to your dog.
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes
Give!guide napa valley is back!
Visit our page to learn more and give the gift of love & comfort to a shelter pet this season.